- Having a wedding in New Orleans, and being able to visit multiple times this year to “plan”
- North Carolina for giving my dad a great start to a new chapter in his life
- Eastern Illinois University for giving my brother the opportunity to grow academically and socially.
- Having had the perfect bridal shower thrown for me by some of the loveliest ladies I know
- Being able to buy ridiculous outfits to embarrass my new niece
- Gluten free pretzels. They’re actually better than the gluten-filled ones.
- Clam dip
- Half Shell’s insanely cheap crab legs
- Finally finding a doggie sweater that will fit Charlie and keep him warm through ChiBeria: Part Deux
- Being able to see the Bills beat the Bears with my dad, brother and Tommy at a Buffalo bar in Chicago while wearing a Bills jersey. And the gloating. Lots and lots of gloating.
- Friendly’s for having a menu full of sexual innuendo
- On that note, Urban Dictionary for their detailed definitions.
- Hank Azaria praising my Simpsons article on Twitter
- My consistently full schedule of concerts to see
- Carpeted dive bars, for giving my friends and me a place to hang out
- And since I am my father’s daughter, I will also break the rules: I am insanely grateful to have a family that is loving, supportive, funny, good-looking and an all-around good time. 🙂
Love to you all!!
Sadly I haven’t had time to get into any new books/tv shows, but I have been listening to the “Serial” podcast. Strongly recommend checking it out.