My favorite tradition of the year! I love recapping the good, especially when good feels like it’s in limited supply.
This year, I’m grateful for all of this:
- People’s faith in me to work towards their running goals
- Patience to heal from injury
- Writers of color, activists, and people who run for office with the goal of making the world a safer and more equitable place.
- Spotify–seriously, how long was I going to keep buying CDs and downloading music?
- Always, books
- Coffee and breakfast dates with friends
- Teachers, and an entire school, who care about my children’s safety and success
- My kids’s ability and willingness to take long bike rides as a family
Book–So You Want To Talk About Race; Sing, Unburied, Sing; Peak Performance
Vacation–Key West, February 2018
Race–Seneca 7 relay, April 2018
Happy Thanksgiving, all! xo