2017 is done, users disabled, thanks for playing.
Even my cynical self is shaken this year, so let’s focus on:
- potato chips
- french fries
- wonderful Vietnamese cuisine
- lack of miles in the sky
- recapturing memories of > decade ago
- finding that those earth shattering moments you had always wondered about (ears, tantrums, dresses, peer pressure) might not be unsurmountable
- always, bikes, outside, mountains, sea, beaches, trees et al
- traditions, and this is updated to 10 years of my posts (because Danika thought it would be a good idea):
- supportive family structures
- Dang you Martin, it’s got to be Delilah Dirk and the sequel and I’m pretty sure they are Lucy’s too. So although I read almost all of the James SA Corey, a graphic novel captures the win.
I sort of finally started the streaming thing this year (Amazon Prime) so that might have contributed to a lack of excitement, focus and stand out albums, but three solid, solid, well played (according to my iTunes) albums of the year are:
- Tegan and Sara – Love You to Death
- James – Girl at the End of the World
- John William – Force Awakens Soundtrack (yes, really)
Not been keeping track. Enjoyed Star Wars but am going to go with the Netflix streaming TV thing and certainly the start of the season, and the finale, of:
tg2015 disabled; ping me if you have anything to change.
I leave you with something new I found today, that is old news to some, the seven social sins:
On October 22, 1925, Gandhi published a list he called the Seven Social Sins in his weekly newspaper Young India.
Politics without principles.
Wealth without work.
Pleasure without conscience.
Knowledge without character.
Commerce without morality.
Science without humanity.
Worship without sacrifice.
(Source: http://www.openculture.com/2014/11/mahatma-gandhis-list-of-the-7-social-sins.html, and numerous others)
And the website is open once more for 2014.
Simple limited time use username and password:
- Username: tg2014
- Password: tg2014
Remember to put your name in the title e.g. Gordon’s List for 2014.
I know it’s been a long time but keep the list true and simple:
* things to be thankful for
* memories of 2014 (aka favourite books, movies, smells, music etc)